Friday, February 5, 2016

Precious Little Ones

This week I have been on the pediatrics wards service. There are so many sick children and few medical professionals to care for them. There is usually 1 physician and 5 nurses covering anywhere between 40 and 80 patients from what I'm told. I have been struck by how attentive the mothers are to their children. They stay with them, cook for them, feed them, clean them. They work tirelessly, and though it is at times very sad, it is a beautiful thing to see such devotion. I have seen mothers weeping over their children, and we have had the opportunity to pray with them. Even though we can't take their pain away or guarantee that their child will be healed, we can display the love of Christ and offer hope. My prayer is that our impact among the people of Kibagora will outlast our time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment